A new update to Sonic World 1.1 is out!
a video showing all the changes can be seen here!
- For Modders
- The fifth mission of a stage is only locked until all red rings are collected, if the mission type is set to encore.
- Only the fifth mission of a stage can be set to encore.
- Free roam missions have been renamed to “Hub” and now support more hub specific features.
- Character mods can now have custom sounds for their jump action.
- Stages can now support progress saving for hub worlds (see documentation for details).
- Adding to the information section of a stage xml will set a hard speedcap.
-This replaces .
- Added a system to allow for global sound packs similar to objects.
- You can now force the game to load a stage on startup (see documentation for details).
- Insta shield can now be used as a jump action for modded characters.
- Added Jet the Hawk as a playable character.
- Added several new items to the shop
- Added a progress screen to view various statistics about your game.
- Added a new challenge system to provide more long term goals and rewards. This will be expanded upon in future updates.
- Added a character switcher to the island to change characters without leaving.
- Added rewards for clearing challenge acts.
- Marathon Mode
- Marathon mode has recieved a complete overhaul!
- You can now have up to three different marathons saved at one time.
- You can now choose between playing all main acts in order, a random alternate act from every stage, endless mode or all encore acts in order (once unlocked)
- Endless Mode:
- In endless mode, the player starts with five lives.
- The ability to gain lives has been completely disabled.
- Endless play through a random act from a random stage until you run out of lives.
- At the end of the run, you get a ring reward based on how many stages you completed before dying.
- You can now disable shop items on a per marathon basis without needing to disable them manually from the shop itself.
- Character and team selections are now saved per marathon and are unable to be changed mid-marathon.
- General Changes
- Game assets are no longer compressed into a .swarc file.
- Removed a bad omen from worst cave.
- Adjusted the prices of various items in the shop.
- Refactored many aspects of game code for optimisation.
- Mod folder structure has been heavily reworked and optimised: See documentation for details.
- The locations of the base game assets, mods and savedata folders can now be fully customised. See documentation for details.
- You can now toggle purchased shop items directly from the stage select screen.
- Stage Changes
- Rebalanced all rank requirements to fit the new ranking system.
- Completely reworked silver’s tutorial level.
- Time is no longer reset upon death in treasure hunt missions.
- Crisis City Act 4 has recieved a new layout.
– The spindash has been changed to no longer allow rapid speed gain from mashing the button.
– The drift has been overhauled to allow for better direction control while removing the ability to steer it with the camera.
– Pressing the reset camera button is now more reliable.
– Capture mode can now be quick toggled by pressing F11.
– Boosting is now more reliable and has increased speed.
– Added sounds to better indicate when the player is going to drop dash.
– Trick hoops now grant +10 gauge energy.
– Jumping off from an upwards slope should now send you higher, akin to the classic and adventure games.
- Character Changes
- Reduced the height that metal sonic gains when performing the rocket flip.
- UI Changes
- Overhauled many aspects of themes, such as HUD layouts, asset loading and more.
- Themes are now loaded similarly to stages and characters, where they are auto sorted or a specific
order can be chosen with an xml.
- HUD Layouts are now consolodated to presets instead of individual elements.
- This was to allow for more precise tuning for each individual style.
- A “custom” preset is planned for a future update.
- Themes can now be changed ingame without having to force close the game (Experimental).
- Number spacing and positioning has been made more consistent and uniform.
- Marathon Mode
- General Fixes
- Fixed marathon mode being unbeatable.
- Fixed an issue where loading screen backgrounds would display incorrectly (again).
- Fixed an issue where favourite commands were being bound to the wrong button.
- Fixed an issue where jet particles were emitting on mod characters that had the shadow ori.
- Fixed an issue where mod characters that use the shadow ori without the thwok jump action had a faster homing attack.
- Fixed the game timer displaying milliseconds incorrectly.
- Fixed tutorial stages sending you back to the stage select instead of the play menu.
- Fixed several issues pertaining to MAV errors when leaving non-action stages.
- Fixed numerous menu related issues.
- General Fixes
Download on MEGA here: