Sonic World DX: a Heroes/Adventure styled 3D Sonic Fangame with an all-star roster and strong mod support.
Built off the legacy version of Sonic World, adding higher quality control, more distinct character movesets with improved animations made by the best of Sonic World’s original modding community.
We also made modding this fangame easier than before. With both veteran modders and developers to help the newcomers get their footing.
We got one of the biggest rosters in a 3D Sonic fangame, outside of the Legacy Releases of Sonic World. Unlike the Legacy Releases, everyone has unique animations, an original voice actor and a moveset to call their own!
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles “Tails” Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Shadow Android (Alternate Character for Shadow with unique moveset)
- Rouge the Bat
- E-123 Omega
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit and Cheese
- Blaze the Cat
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Mighty the Armadillo
- Ray the Flying Squirrel
- Espio the Chameleon
- E-102 Gamma
- Metal Sonic
Like Sonic Heroes, you can play as a team of any three of these characters in a Team, or play as a Duo or with just a Single character. Do note some optional paths in stages may be inaccessible by playing Solo.
Play through 14 fully fledged stages! Each stage has 4 Acts with different objectives and 2 emblems each. Clear them with an S Rank to gain both emblems.
Act 1 has 5 Red Star Rings scattered around. Collect them all to unlock its Encore: A more experimental act that remixes the stage to be themed after another stage!
- Emerald Coast – Sonic Adventure
- Seaside Hill – Sonic Heroes
- Honeycomb Highway – Sonic Lost World
- Love Garden – Sonic World
- Green Hill – Sonic the Hedgehog
- Misty Gorge – Sonic World
- Metal Harbor – Sonic Adventure 2
- Green Forest – Sonic Adventure 2
- Kingdom Valley – Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Hang Castle – Sonic Heroes
- Mystic Jungle – Sonic Forces
- Crisis City – Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Worst Cave – Sonic World (S Rank every Encore Act)
- Test Stage – Sonic World (If Debug is enabled)
Not enough for you? Install stage mods either specially made for DX or from Legacy releases through Backwards Compatibility.
Enter the Chao Garden to feed Chaos Drives you’ve collected from robots to your Chao! You can keep up to 20 Chao in a huge garden. All 14 dual-tone colors and all 14 mono-tone colors from Sonic Adventure 2 are available to purchase, meaning your Chao can have up to 28 different colors!
You can buy fruit to level up your Chao’s stats, Hats to personalize them, or Toys for the Chao to play with. All of these can be purchased from the Black Market behind the waterfall!
An improvement from Adventure 2 is that Seeds can now be planted by stomping. They have a 10% chance of being dropped by any food a Chao eats.
Winning competitions nets you up to 400 rings you can spend on your Chao! Enter your Chao into Races or Karate to fight Chao of similar levels.
Note that the system isnt as robust as the Official Chao Gardens: No animal parts or Second Evolutions are present here.
As you conquer alternate acts, you collect World Tokens. These are used to develop: The Island. This small area has plenty of nooks and crannies that hide many secrets.
- Encounter NPCs that have rarely appeared in Sonic games, or even non-game characters such as the leader of the Sonic Fanclub!
- Collect Mission Cards to play through Challenge Acts, remixing the existing stage roster further.
- Buy Equips in the shop that can either give a helping hand (like magnetising rings) or even an all-new move (such as the disgusting Boost)!
- Discover Warp Rings to Scrapped Sonic World Stages that never saw the light of day.
- Visit the Spring Yard Building to hear all the Sounds of the game.
The Island will grow as more updates release, so keep an eye on it!
Included in the game is a pdf file documenting everything you can mod in Sonic World DX.
From Themes to personalise your menu, custom stages to play new experiences, or characters to port existing game characters or even characters from other franchises, to voices to pick your ideal Sonic voice actors!
You can download Sonic World DX mods from the Gamebanana here:
Note: Character mods from the SAGE Demo are NOT compatible with Version 1 and need to be updated.
- This is a fangame using Blitz3D, a program from 2002. Some compatibility issues may arise on newer hardware. Report these to the Discord where possible.
- Because of this old engine, the game is prone to crashing after playing through certain stages. If the background or textures vanish, it is likely the game is about to crash.
- This game is designed for Keyboard and Mouse in mind. Controllers are partially supported, but are often buggy. An Xbox controller is recommended. Controls can be rebound in the in-game settings.
You must be logged in to post a comment.